Terms and Conditions of Letting
The Loves Cottage, "Enniskerry", High Street, Evercreech, Shepton Mallet, Somerset. BA4 6HZ
Please ensure you have read and understood the terms and conditions of letting our cottage before proceeding with your booking.
A deposit of the amount covering the first night's accommodation payable to Mrs. G. E. Love either by internet banking (details to be forwarded privately) or by old fashioned cheque to:
There is also an opportunity to pay by pay-pal however this may incur a small charge.
With the completed booking form, agreeing to the terms and conditions as laid out here below, the balance to be paid 4 weeks before your arrival date.
- General. The cottage is designed and equipped for family-type holidays. It is hired on the understanding that the accommodation is for holiday use only and that no right to remain in the accommodation exists for the Guest or any member of the Guest's party. It is not suitable for youth groups, student parties etc. Only those named on the booking form can occupy the cottage. Please inform us if you wish to invite day visitors. This is to adhere to health and safety regulations. It is regretted that no pets are permitted.
- Guest Obligations. Instructions for appliances plus a copy of the cottage inventory will be handed over on arrival. Guests must report to the Owners any damages/breakages that occur during their stay. The inventory will be checked on departure and it is expected that damages/breakages will be paid for by either cash or cheque. We would appreciate the cottage being left clean & tidy with all furniture returned to where it was found upon entry. The Owners reserve the right to reasonably access the property during the period of hire.
- Linen. There is sufficient linen for all beds, including the bed settee. Linen is changed between holidays. Towels are provided, but guests will need to bring their own beach towels.
- No Smoking. We do have a no smoking policy within all areas of the cottage.
- Booking. The cottage will not be considered to be reserved until we have issued a receipt for the necessary deposit.
- Overseas Bookings. Eurocheques are acceptable but a cheque should not be made out for more than £700. The owners reserve the right to charge a supplement to cover any loss due to currency fluctuations.
- Insurance. The cottage is insured in respect to the usual risks covered by a buildings and contents policy. However, in certain circumstances, where it does not cover loss or damage by negligence, guests will become liable. We, the owners, can accept no liability for any loss or damage to any belongings, or any injuries sustained by you or any members of your party and visitors. Guests are strongly advised to check the cover of the personal liability section of their own household policy and/or secure appropriate travel insurance to cover any eventuality. (Please be advised that damage which may result from burning candles within the cottage is not covered by insurance).
- Cancellation. In the event of you cancelling your holiday up to 4 weeks beforehand, you forfeit your £100 booking deposit only; any cancellations within the 4 weeks prior to your holiday, the balance paid is forfeited. Please be advised that the deposit is non-refundable and you should have adequate insurance to cover the full cost of your booking with us in the event of a last minute cancellation for whatever reason. If cancellation is within 4 weeks, then we will endeavour to re-let the property and IF SUCCESSFUL, will normally refund THE BALANCE OF THE RENT, less any expenses incurred in re-letting.
- Non Availability of the Cottage. If, for any reason, the Cottage becomes unavailable for the period of your booking, the Owners will refund your deposit in full and will be under no further liability toward the Guests.
- Deposit. Booking will only be accepted in writing on the Owners' official form and, provided the booking is made at least 4 weeks before the booking is due to start, accompanied by £100 deposit. If a booking is made less than 4 weeks before arrival, the full rent, plus any additional charges, is due at the time of the booking. In the event of a booking not being accepted by the Owner, all fees paid will be returned immediately.
- Final Payment. Once the booking form is received and accepted by the Owners, the Guests are liable for payment of the balance of rent, plus any additional charges, 4 weeks prior to the start of the holiday. Non-payment by the due date will be treated as a cancellation and the Owners may re-let the property without reference to the Guest(s) who remain liable for payment of the full amount, although credit will be given for any rents received as a result of re-letting, less the Owners' expenses. We do not send reminders - the balance due date is on the Receipt for Deposit form.
- Price Changes. The Owners reserve the right to amend prices quoted due to errors and omissions.
- V.A.T. The owners are not registered for VAT therefore no tax is payable.
- Method of Payment. Payment may be made by cheque, postal orders, travellers cheques or sterling or Euro cash. Cheque or postal orders should be made payable to Mr and Mrs A. R. Love and cash should always be sent by registered post. Unfortunately post dated cheques are unacceptable.
- Duration and Times of Letting. Lettings commence, unless otherwise notified, at 3.00p.m. on the day of arrival and terminate at 10.00a.m. on the day of departure. This is to allow enough time for cleaning and laundry changeover to take place, so your co-operation is appreciated. When the departures occur after 10:00am, the guests may be charged an additional day rent.
- Complaints. All complaints must be reported to the Owners immediately so that an on-the-spot investigation can be made. Remedial action will be made if necessary and required. Any form of compensation will not be made once the holiday has terminated as the Guests will have denied the Owners the opportunity of investigating the complaint and endeavouring to put matters right during the holiday.
- Owners right to entry. We the owners reserve the right to re-enter the property and terminate a booking at any time without prejudice if the above terms and conditions have not been observed.